miércoles, septiembre 12, 2007

El email

RECUERDAN EL EMAIL DE LA CHICA ARTISTA (VIOLINISTA) QUE CONOCI EN UNA CALLE DE NEW YORK, AQUI LES MUESTRO LO QUE ELLA ME COMENTABA, LES RECUERDO QUE HICE UN POST QUE ESTA MAS ABAJO ACERCA DE ''LO QUE SIENTE UN ARTISTA''.

ESTE ES UN EMAIL QUE ELLA ME ENVIO A LA SOLICITUD DE MI PARTE PARA HACER UN ARTICULO PARA EL PERIODICO.

Hi Odanis,

Thanks for your interest! It might be easier and a bit more clear ifwe do it by e-mail and will be better on my cell phone bill! I cangive you a little backround on myself and my sister if you would likeand then ask questions from there.We both moved here from Cincinnati, Ohio. We both grew up there andattended the universtiy of cincinnati college conservatory of music(CCM). My sister, rebe barnes, got her bachelors and artists deplomafor viola performance. I on the other hand am mainly a jazz violinistand did 2 years undergrad at ccm as a jazz violin major. I came hereafter meeting a girl at a jazz workshop in Columbus Ohio held by Jazzviolinist Christian Howes (who plays here in the city and is AMAZING).but this girl and i became really great friends and invited me backto stay with her for a couple weeks. Those couple weeks really openedmy eyes and i decided to stay here in the city. The awesome thing isthat I didn't need a job. I came here with $30 and a suitcase andmade all of my money on the streets. Thanks to kelly(the girl whobrought me here) who had been supporting herself for 2 years buskingin the subways and in the parks until she got a great gig on theweekends. I play with kellys friend, a trumpet player, who she metwhile she was playing in the subways a year ago, and now we playtogether in central park on the weekends. People really love it. Weplay gypsy jazz, swing, and some bebop! It is great when you can bringmusic to others! My sister came here for an audition for the Chamberorchestra of newyork, a brand new orchestra, while I was here duringthe summer. She stayed with me and then we both went home tocincinnati for a week and decided we should live here! So.. now we'vebeen back for almost a week and are playing on the streets and subwaystogether(classical duets)....and that brings you to where you saw us!

I have a lot more to say. Tell me what you think

-suzanna barnes

4 comentarios:

Rosannita dijo...

Ahí vemos algo que se comentó en el post pasado, que muchas veces vemos el resultado pero nunca lo que tuvo que pasar la persona para llegar ahí. Ahorita estas hermanas se hacen famosas y cualquiera pensaría que fue fácil.

=D

Odanis dijo...

exactamente rosannita... tienen un futuro espectacular, yo apuesto a que si seran buenas.

Baakanit dijo...

Odanis,

Este post no refleja mucho lo que se siente ser artista, refleja más "Lo que pasa detrás de las cámaras."

Hiciste muy buen trabajo en ponerte en contacto con ellas y tratar de conocerlas más a fondo. Muchos no tenemos la oportunidad de lograr eso ya que simplemente somos expectadores y no vamos más allá de lo que vemos.

Gracias por compartir su e-mail con nosotros.

Te cuidas.

P.D. Espero que sigas entrevistando más músicos.

Ciao

B@B@ dijo...

wao.. ke pena ke personas con tanto talento tengan ke pasar por todo eso...muy buena tu idea...nice..